Summarize the passage by asking Who? What? When? Where? Why?
- What does it mean that God and Christ make a home with you?
- How does the Holy Spirit give you peace?
- How “at home” do you feel with God?
RECALLING THE MESSAGE
- How does this message help us make Kelsey known as a loving church?
- What image/illustration from the passage and/or Sunday’s message caught your attention most?
- What other questions do you have about the passage and/or message?
- In what ways did the Holy Spirit challenge you through the message?
- What do you have to do to make the message mean something to you?
WEEKLY PRAYER FOCUS
Pray for those who feel lonely or abandoned. Ask God to strengthen our church family to be a strong fellowship where people connect with God and others.
SCRIPTURE TO HEART
Take time to memorize this 1 Bible verse:
Jesus answered him, “Those who love me will keep my word, and my Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
Online giving is easy, quick and reliable. You can give a one-time gift or set up recurring gifts. Click "GIVE" below.
MAY 22, 2022
Leader: Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city. On either side of the river is the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, producing its fruit each month; People: and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. Leader: Nothing accursed will be found there anymore. But the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him; People: they will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. Leader: And there will be no more night; they need no light of lamp or sun, People: for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.
O God or renewal, you transform our lives and bring healing to all the nations. In you, we have true peace and abundance. You light our way when we allow the clouds of despair, distrust and impatience to hover over our hearts. Today, we gather together as your beloved people to praise you, for you are worthy. Grant us to know the fulness of your presence among us as we pray and trust in the name of Jesus. Amen.
- Fuente de la vida eterna, MVPC #42
- The Goodness of God
- Shall We Gather at the River, UMH #723
- Psalm 67
- Acts 16:9-15
- John 14:23-29
The risen Lord makes a home with us as we learn the joy of keeping his word.
Leader: People of God, the Lord has a dwelling place with us.
People: We have been blessed by God’s presence with us!
Leader: Now, Family of God, go out to make Kelsey known as a loving church so God can be known as a loving God.
People: We now go forth to spread God’s message, that others may also dwell in peace.
- CHURCH FAMILY NIGHTWe pick up our conversation about faith and anxiety. We’re following a resource title “Faith in an Anxious World.” See you tonight at 5:30.
- SACRAMENTO CAMP All youth planning to attend summer camp need to submit their forms this week to John or Gloria Fletcher.
- GRADUATE SUNDAY Next week we are honoring all our Kelsey graduates. Help us give thanks to God for their accomplishments.
- KELSEY PICTURES We want your Kelsey Pictures. Every week, we'll post a #TBT of our ministry. It's a way to glorify God and multiply our ministry. Email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact John Fletcher.