BIBLICAL REFLECTION Mark 10:46-52
Summarize the passage by asking Who? What? When? Where? Why?
- What made the people want to quiet Bartimaues?
- What made Bartimaues yell even louder?
- How can (does?) the church "close the door of faith" for other people?
RECALLING THE MESSAGE
- How does this message help us make Kelsey known as a loving church?
- What image/illustration from the passage and/or Sunday’s message caught your attention most?
- What other questions do you have about the passage and/or message?
- In what ways did the Holy Spirit challenge you through the message?
- What do you have to do to make the message mean something to you?
WEEKLY PRAYER FOCUS
Pray for those who feel "alone on the roadside." Ask God to be open to forming meaningful relationships with others. Pray for our church to be those who beg Jesus on behalf of others.
SCRIPTURE TO HEART
Take time to memorize this 1 Bible verse:
Many sternly ordered him to be quiet, but he cried out even more loudly, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”
From October 24, 2021: The Need for Spiritual Renewal
Online giving is easy, quick and reliable. You can give a one-time gift or set up recurring gifts. Click "GIVE" below.
OCTOBER 17, 2021
CALL TO WORSHIP (From Psalm 34)
Leader: I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
People: My soul makes its boast in the LORD; let the humble hear and be glad.
Leader: O magnify the LORD with me,
People: and let us exalt his name together.
- Mil voces para celebrar (MVPC #1, vss1-3)
- O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing (UMH #57, vss 4,5 7)
- O Master, Let Me Walk with Thee(UMH #430)
- Mark 10:46-52
If we're not careful, we have a tendency to avoid those people Jesus wants to heal.
Leader: People of God, we have worshipped together!
People: We have been blessed by God’s presence with us!
Leader: Now, Family of God, go out to make Kelsey known as a loving church so God can be known as a loving God.
People: May we be friends to the friendless and bring God’s peace wherever we go.
*All Saints Sunday is November 7th. We are preparing our All Saints communion cloth with the names of those saints we want to recognize who have passed away. Take time next week to write in names on the cloth as a visual reminder of the communion of saints we share.