- Is it more important to be a loving church rather than a full church? Why or why not?
- How do you know if we're a loving church?
- What small victory do you want to thank God for today?
RECALLING THE MESSAGE
- What image or illustration from the passage and/or Sunday’s message caught your attention most?
- What other questions do you have about the passage and/or message?
- In what ways did the Holy Spirit challenge you through the message?
- What do you have to do to make the message mean something to you?
WEEKLY PRAYER FOCUS Pray for people who feel unloved and unworthy. Ask God to give them peace. Pray for a chance to tell them how loved by God they really are.
SCRIPTURE TO HEART Take time to memorize this 1 Bible verse: Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe.” John 20:29
From April 11, 2021: Living By New Standards
Online giving is easy, quick and reliable. You can give a one-time gift or set up recurring gifts. Click "GIVE" below.
WORSHIP FOR APRIL 18, 2021
CALL TO WORSHIP (Psalm 4)Leader: Answer me when I cry out, my righteous God! Set me free from my troubles! Have mercy on me! Listen to my prayer! How long, you people, will my reputation be insulted? How long will you continue to love what is worthless and go after lies?
People: Know this: the Lord takes personal care of the faithful. The Lord will hear me when I cry out to him.
Leader: So be afraid, and don’t sin! Think hard about it in your bed and weep over it! Bring righteous offerings, and trust the Lord!
People: Many people say, “We can’t find goodness anywhere. The light of your face has left us, Lord!”
Leader: But you have filled my heart with more joy than when their wheat and wine are everywhere! People: I will lie down and fall asleep in peace because you alone, Lord, let me live in safety.
MUSICAlzad la cruz
¡Vive el Señor!
God of Grace and God of Glory
SCRIPTURE READINGSActs 3:12-19
SERMONMake God Known as a Loving God
Our experience with God becomes our testimony to the world. After his resurrection, Jesus ate with his disciples. He used scripture to explain his entire ministry. Part of his ministry was preparing his disciples to share his message throughout the world--and that's where you and I come in, too!