- Why does Jesus call you friend?
- Why are those three words (abide, love, fruit) important?
- What fruit does Christ expect his followers to produce?
RECALLING THE MESSAGE
- What image or illustration from the passage and/or Sunday’s message caught your attention most?
- What other questions do you have about the passage and/or message?
- In what ways did the Holy Spirit challenge you through the message?
- What do you have to do to make the message mean something to you?
WEEKLY PRAYER FOCUS Pray for people enduring depression. Ask God to bring healing to them. Pray that we could be a support for them as they seek treatment.
SCRIPTURE TO HEART Take time to memorize this 1 Bible verse: I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete. John 15:11
From May 9, 2021: God in the Quiet Sound
Online giving is easy, quick and reliable. You can give a one-time gift or set up recurring gifts. Click "GIVE" below.
MAY 16, 2021CALL TO WORSHIP (Psalm 47) Leader: Clap your hands, all you peoples;
People: shout to God with loud songs of joy.
Leader: For the Lord, the Most High, is awesome, a great king over all the earth. He subdued peoples under us, and nations under our feet. He chose our heritage for us, the pride of Jacob whom he loves.
People: God has gone up with a shout, the Lord with the sound of a trumpet.
Leader: Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises.
People: For God is the king of all the earth; sing praises with a psalm.
Leader: God is king over the nations; God sits on his holy throne.
People: The princes of the peoples gather as the people of the God of Abraham. For the shields of the earth belong to God; he is highly exalted.
- Majesty, Worship His Majesty
- My Hope is Built on Nothing Less
- Christ the Lord is Risen Today
- Ephesians 1:15-23
- Luke 24:44-53
The Blessing of It All
After Jesus ascended, the disciples were left by themselves. We're told they had great joy. Did they finalize realize everything Christ prepared them to do? Probably not, but to know that Christ is risen was enough in that moment to unite them in joy and worship.
- Kelsey Kids Sunday School @ Freshcas (2001 S. Staples, St 100, close to Del Mar College), May 16th at 4:30pm. Bring your craft and Bingo card...and a friend! Contact Pam Martinez for more info.
- Kelsey Graduate Parade, Sunday, May 16th at 5pm. Meet at Evans Elementary School to drive by the church to celebrate our graduates. Contact Gina Garcia for more info.